How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
The light-duty pickup truck moniker doesn’t quite describe the impressive towing capabilities of the 2020 RAM 1500. How much can the RAM 1500 tow on Petoskey roads? This pickup has a maximum towing capacity of 12,7500 pounds when properly equipped—awarding the RAM 1500 Best-in-Class V8 Engine towing capacity*. Learn more about the RAM 1500 towing and hauling capacity with Fernelius Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
Ram 1500 Engines & Capacities
Three gas engines and the return of the efficient and powerful EcoDiesel engine give Indian River drivers options as they choose which RAM 1500 is best for their work sites and commutes. Equipped with a standard TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission, each engine offers drivers smooth efficiency. Here are the engine specs and RAM 1500 towing capabilities:
RAM 1500 Engine Options
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I
- 305 hp, 269 lb-ft of torque, and a maximum towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
- 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine
- 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and a maximum towing of 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine
- 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
Depending on the trim, RAM 1500 payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
The raw power of the RAM 1500 is tempered by cutting-edge technology that ensures Onaway drivers remain in control. Whether you’re towing a camper or heavy-duty equipment, you’ll love these features:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: Works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes*: 14.9-inch brakes ensure greater stopping power for the RAM 1500.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This revolutionary tailgate makes loading anything into your truck bed easier. Offering a 60/40 split gate, there are more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 at Fernelius Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Cheboygan!
Now that you’ve heard about the RAM 1500 towing capacity, check out how its interior features and engine performance stand up against the Ford F-150. And once you’ve found the new RAM 1500 for sale in Cheboygan that’s right for you, schedule a test drive!
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
More from Fernelius Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Whether you’re in the market for a new or used vehicle, you will never have to compromise on quality when you shop at Fernelius Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. Our Cheboygan showroom boasts an extensive inventory of used vehicles, from cars and trucks to vans and SUVs. We have some of the best used cars in…
Ready to drive a new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram? The experienced and friendly sales staff at Fernelius Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Cheboygan is ready to welcome you as part of the family! We are ready to handle all of your car buying needs, whether you’re looking to finance or lease. We are more…
Michigan winters can take a toll on your car, truck or SUV and that’s true even if you keep up to date on maintenance. Whether you have a Dodge Charger or a Jeep Renegade, you need to make sure you follow key steps in managing the transition to warmer weather: Deep Clean Your Car Road…