Why You Should Detail Your Vehicle Regularly
Regular washes for your Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, or Ram are important — but so is detailing. When you bring your vehicle for service by a professional detailer, a wide range of products are used in the multi-step process. A pre-cleaning removes loose dirt and debris, then the care is carefully inspected to identify additional issues, such as micro scratches, acid-rain spotting, damage from bug splatter, rail dust, and more. Once the assessment is complete, the professional will remove contaminants, correct conditions, and protect the components of your car.
The crew at Fernelius Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Cheboygan highly encourages their clients to regularly detail both pre-owned and new vehicles. In addition to oil changes and other maintenance, detailing protects your investment by:
- Preventing plastics from fading prematurely and the clear coat from breaking down.
- Preserving the paint and protecting it from UV rays with the use of quality wax, sealants, and coating. This also keeps the paint glossy and makes washing easier, as the protection leads to less dirt and buildup sticking to the surface of the vehicle.
- Keeping exterior plastics and rubber seals soft and hydrated so they don’t dry out and crack.
- Preventing dye transfer from leather with the use of conditioner or coating. This also keeps the leather soft, reducing drying out and cracking.
- Stopping cloth and carpeting from being matted down. In-depth vacuuming also prevents the buildup of odors and dust.
In addition to a multitude of aesthetic reasons, detailing is also important for safety. Glass coatings can improve wet-weather driving, since water will bead off the glass, increasing visibility. And, clean headlights not only look great, but they ensure sufficient lighting is emitted, making nighttime driving safer.
Get your car detailed today, and contact Fernelius Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram with additional questions about detailing, maintenance, or to check out our selection of new or used vehicles.